Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Stuck Sketches and SISTERS

Stuck Sketches have been a life saver for me lately for inspiration.
My life has been pretty darn chaotic and stressful and I have been using art and yoga as my stress relief.  I have also been on a scrapbooking spending freeze for quite some time.  My Art Studio is filled to the brim and now that I am having to move, and probably not going to have nearly as large a space to create in......adding to my large stock of product was not a good choice.  So, all of my 
creations, at least until I move, will be with older product.  Which is tough because there is so much amazing new stuff out there enticing me every day!!!!!

This is the Sketch I used today.
Stuck Sketches July 1, 2017 Sketch


I Love this sketch so much!!!  And I had so many ideas runny through my mind.  
 I have always wanted to cut out letters on my Silhouette and back them with patterned paper.  I have seen this done by many amazing scrapbookers, and it looks so beautiful!!! So I gave it a try.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first time!!!!!

So this is my creation!!!!!


These precious little girls are my two oldest granddaughters Taylor and Blake. Two of the loves of my life.  And the pictures were taken by their Mom Kelsie Kelly who is a incredible lifestyle Photographer.  I am incredibly blessed to have such gorgeous pictures to scrap!!!!
I LOVE how this layout turned out. And I really LOVE the large lettering.  I  will certainly we using this technique again!!!  The only thing I don't like is the black smudge I accidentally made in the upper left hand corner my mistake.  But mistakes are part of life, so no biggie. 


SUPPLIES
Cardstock : Bazzill
Patterened Paper : OA Farm Girl & Woodland Park, Fancy Pants Nautical
Thread : Coats
Ink : Tim Holtz Distress Ground Expresso
Stencil : The Crafters Workshop
Small Letters : Studio Calico 
Doo-Dads : October Afternoon
Brad : OA Woodland Park
Stickers : Sticky Pix Paper House
Wood Veneer Hearts : Simple Stories Enchanted
Mist : Lindy's Starburst Tiffany's Blue

If you are in need of some inspiration yourself check out Stuck Sketches. There are 2 sketches a month and an array of super talented scrapbookers that never fail to surprise me with their exciting creations!!!

Thanks for stopping by <3

~ Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment