Friday, October 20, 2017

Happy Halloween and October

What fun I had creating this super fun Pumpkin Layout!!!!  And it was created for a very special reason.  I am back as a designer with the Paper Girls Challenge Blog!!!!  This group of amazing talented girls is so special to me.  I was lucky enough to meet them through an online scrapbooking site and I love them all dearly.  And I am super excited to be back creating with this incredible group.  Check them out when you can, you will find a ton of talent, challenges, and inspiration.  This last challenge was call Pumpkin Spice.  At the risk of being sent  packing I must admit the I have never really gotten into the Pumpkin Spice rage.  So I wasn't sure what to create.  But then I got to thinking that my granddaughters bring lots of spunk and spice into my life!!!!  So I figured I should create a layout that included one of them.  And this picture of my sweet Taylor was just perfect.  Her sister Blake was The Little Mermaid so she became the most adorable Sebastian that I have ever seen!!!!  


Since moving to a smaller home, I have decided that before I can buy any new paper I have to start using up a lot of my large hoard.  So I went searching for the perfect collection to use with this picture.  And this Bella Blvd. Hello Autumn Collection was just perfect.  I love all the bright colours and the addition of some blue's as well.  

The pumpkin and leaves are from Silhouette. I cut a pumpkin in a deep orange sheet of Bazzill cardstock and a cream colour.  I then painted the cream one with watercolours, and layered them on my back round paper.   So much fun!!!!!   I also used the watercolours to splatter some of the paint on the background.

I just love this layout!!!  Fall is my favourite season and the colours on this layout turned out beautifully!!!!  I added a doilie, and some leaves and flowers I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers.  And then 2 flair buttons from Doodlebug with a little bit of twine behind them.

Here are a few close up photo's.





The dimension from those gorgeous leaves is so pretty.

Thanks for stopping in and taking a look.  
~Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment