Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Paper Girls Challenge Blog #147 Travel/Vacation

Wow!!!!  I am so behind on blogging.  I just noticed today that I have 3 layouts just sitting waiting to be shared.  Much better than in the past where I didn't blog because I had no crafty mojo LOL!!  Before I get into this project, I would like to invite you to check out The Paper Girls Challenge Blog and join in this challenge.
Also it is a great place to jump start your own creative mojo!!!

Their latest challenge is all about Travelling and Vacations.
Over the past few months I have finally got my poop together and started working on a Disney Vacation Album for my daughter and her family.  It's about time......especially since they have already made 2 trips, and this year they are taking a Disney Cruise.

When I started this album I really struggled because the colours that are perfect for this album are not really easy for me to create with.  But as time goes on I think I am becoming much more comfortable.  I have seen many many layouts created using the silhouette of a large Mickey Mouse head.  And always wanted to give it a try.  So this is what I came up with.
Thanks to all of the beautiful layouts on Pinterest that inspired me to try this out!!!

  
I love, love, love how this turned out!!!!!  I originally tried to do the outline of the mouse using water colour pens.  But it just didn't turn out the way I had it planned in my head.  So instead I decided to machine stitch with 3 different colours......red, black, and yellow.  Then I added some splatters with some Jane Davenport water colour brushes.  If you have never tried them, you should!!!  The colours are simply scrumptious.
Then I just added a bunch of embellishments, a large star, and an absolutely adorable photo of my 2 adorable granddaughters, Blake and Taylor.





 It really turned out better than I thought it would!!!  

SUPPLIES
Cardstock-The Paper Company
Colour-Jane Davenport : Water Colour Brushes in Lobster, Sandbar, and Shark's Eye
Star-Heidi Swapp
Camera & Blue Arrow-Studio Calico
Wood Veneer-Connoisseurs Fundamentals
All other Stickers & Chipboard-Simple Stories : Say Cheese
Mist-Dylusions : Pure Sunshine
Patterned Paper-Simple Stories
Washi Tape-Simple Stories : Say Cheese

I sure hope you enjoyed this layout and you go check out the fun on The Paper Girls Challenge Blog.
Thanks
And remember.....

"You can't use up creativity,
the more you use,
the more you have."
        ~Maya Aangelou





No comments:

Post a Comment